support collaborations between private-sector partners for their mutual benefit
What is THAITiP
What is THAITiP
THAITiP is one of the National Platforms from EURASTiP. a project funded by the European Union and involves academic and commercial partners from both Europe and Asia.
It’s aim is to support collaborations between private-sector partners for their mutual benefit – with involvement from academics, government and NGOs.
A model for this are some of the multi-stakeholder platforms used by countries in Europe that are successfully stimulating innovation in the sector.
THAITiP assists in identifying problems, opportunities and research needs and consequently help direct investment into aquaculture value chains, e.g. disease management, nutrition, food safety, market research, training opportunities.
- Develop the networks needed for the promotion of industrial partnerships
- Review and identify best practice from existing standards for planning and operation of sustainable aquaculture
- Identify and reinforce professional skills in industry and research arenas
- Develop recommendations for establishing an international MSP for sustainable aquaculture, considering ongoing function and legacy
- Establishing a strong relationship between aquaculture and the consumer (health, quality, traceability and others)
- Assuring a sustainable industry (social, environmental and economic)
- Consolidating the role of aquaculture in society (food security, knowledge management, skill development, communications, networking, etc.).
Our Growth Platform
The EURASTiP partners provide a wide range of industry, academic and technology transfer expertise in the field of global aquaculture Experienced in collaborating on other EU funded research and development activities, the partners will act where necessary as advisors on the methodology to parallel Asian organizations
- GHENT UNIVERSITY
- University of Stirling
- Wageningen University
- INVE Aquaculture